A bathroom faucet is an imprtant element of home improvement bathroom remodel. There are several styles, finishes, and models to selcect from. Before you select on just a basic fixture to use in the sink, tub or shower, take a look at the various models, shapes and styles.
Shopping for your bathroom Faucet
When you begin with your bathroom remodel, write down a few concepts before you start your search. Identify the type of handle design that you like, such as double or single handle. Determine what faucet style fits your décor best. Determine what finish will complement your existing fixtures in the bathroom. Determine your budget for this line item before you go shopping.
There are several Bathroom faucet manufacturers. A few bathroom faucet manufacturers well known for quality and design include: Moen, Kohler, Delta, Pegasus, Pfister, Grohe, American Standard, and Danze.
There are so many options when it comes to bathroom faucets. You can literally have your head spinning with all of the types of faucets that you can choose from, but here are some of the basics:
- 4″ Center Set faucet – Recommended for a very low budget remodel
- 8″ Widespread faucet – Standard faucet for a tasteful bathroom remodel
- Single Hole Faucet – Great for clean and modern bathrooms. Great for taking up less space and ADA.
- Vessel Sink Faucet – Design Driven style for an upscale bathroom remodel
- Wall mount faucet – More high end budget – Plumbing will come from the wall
- Tub & Shower Faucet – Have many combo selections
With your faucet selection you will need to choose the finish for your faucet:
- Satin Nickel
- Water saving – great for the environment
Style of faucet is another important choice that you will need to make in your faucet selection. All faucets and styles are not created equal. There are distinctive differences in the style of lavatory faucets in a bathroom. A few of the more commonly known style types include: