A walk in closet is one of the most prominent features of a room. You can have a large or small walk- closet, if you fully maximize the use of the space in your walk-in closet, it does not matter, if it is a large or small one. One of the best features of a walk in closet is that you can actually walk in the area and look around. It is great if you have a well organized walk-in closet that has essential items such as shelves, lighting, drawers and accessories that are custom designed to suit your specific needs.
Key features of a Walk-In Closet
- A tastefully designed walk-in closet has shelves and design details that complement the needs of the homeowner. In a custom designed closet you can find things like tie racks, jewelry drawer inserts, glass shelves, cubbies or drawers that are the perfect fit for the desired space.
- If you are fortunate to have a large walk-in closet, having items such as a center island or a sitting area is a must have. These features add to the allure and the beauty of the space.
- Deeper shelves are another key feature of walk-in closets. The typical shelf is appx 12 inches, having a shelf that is 14 or more inches gives you much more space to store your items neatly and it makes them much easier to keep organized.
- Having a walk-in closet that is specifically custom designed for your needs is essential to getting organized and staying organized. The closet design professional will help you assess your needs, which will help you maximize your space and stay organized.
- There are other great space saving options like double hang areas, adjustable shelves, drawers and cubbies that are great features to have in a custom closet, regardless of the size or space.
- One key feature that will make your walk-in closet literally look spectacular is the lighting. This is a fundamental essential element that will set the stage and tone of your custom designed closet. Don’t settle for a center light that is a basic builders grade ugly light fixture. You can add a simple LED light fixture that will illuminate the closet area and make it feel more inviting. You can also get more creative with your walk-in closet lighting by adding feature lighting in special areas, for example your shoes, handbags, hats or other treasured items. Accent feature lighting looks special when you have glass shelves in a custom walk-in closet. This is accent lighting that will literally transform a basic space into a well designed dream custom closet.
- If you add special hidden organization features that pull out specifically for accessories like a valet rod, a tie rack, a belt rack or scarf rack, this will also help you take full advantage of every inch your closet and stay organized.
Let our Professional Closet Design Professionals come to your home for a FREE Closet Design Consultation. Call us today at 954-975-7052 to schedule your custom closet design consultation by one of our closet design professionals.
Contact Donco Designs today for a FREE Estimate or Design Consultation to discuss your Ft. Lauderdale Custom Closet Deign project.
Donco Designs and Donco HP – Licensed and Insured – Proudly serving the Home Improvement and Remodeling needs of people throughout Florida, including the following cities:
Coconut Creek, FL – – Coral Springs, FL – – Deerfield Beach, FL – Fort Lauderdale, FL – Hillsboro Beach, FL – – Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL – Lighthouse Point, FL – Parkland, FL – Pompano Beach, FL Boca Raton, FL –