Common Kitchen Layouts – there are five common kitchen layouts. The five popular kitchen shapes include the following:
- U-SHAPED KITCHEN LAYOUT – The U-shaped kitchen layout offers continuous countertops and ample storage that surround the cook on three sides. In larger kitchens, this floor plan is spacious enough to be divided into multiple work stations. Cabinets and appliances are arranged along three walls. The sink is in the center of the “U” and the refrigerator at one end of a counter.
- L-SHAPED KITCHEN LAYOUT – In an L-shaped kitchen layout, a natural work triangle is created from continuous counter space and work stations on two adjacent walls. The benefit of this kitchen floor plan is that it provides work area cooking efficiency. Cabinets and appliances are on two walls that meet at the corner.
- GALLEY KITCHEN LAYOUT – The galley kitchen layout has a work space large enough for one cook. In this kitchen floor plan, the work stations face each other on parallel walls, creating a small work triangle. In the galley kitchen floor plan, since the cabinets and appliances are placed on two facing walls, it is helpful to keep the sink and the stove on the same side.
- PENINSULA KITCHEN or G-SHAPED KITCHEN LAYOUT – The Peninsula and G-shaped kitchen are versions of the U-shaped kitchen layout, with the same amount of counter space and storage options that surround the cook on three sides.
- ONE-WALL KITCHEN LAYOUT – The one-wall kitchen floor plan is ideal for smaller homes. The work triangle in this kitchen layout is less like a triangle and more of a work line with all three kitchen zones along one wall.
Call Donco Designs, Pompano Beach Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Contractortoday at 954-975-7052 for your FREE In-Home Design consultation.
Did you know that the “work triangle” can be drawn by connecting the three basic work points of the kitchen – sink, refrigerator and range?
Use a Pomano Beach Kitchen Remodel Designer with experience in best design practices and your local building code guidelines. An experienced Pompano Beach Kitchen Remodel Designer can create a kitchen design that ensures efficiency, safety and comfort in your home.
The Donco Designs Pompano Beach Kitchen Remodel Designers utilize kitchen layout principles and will help you best plan how much space to leave for walkways, work aisles, seating and countertops.
The Donco Designs Pompano Beach Kitchen Remodel Designers will help you anticipate how much kitchen cabinet and kitchen countertop space you will have based on your kitchen size, appliance placement, ventilation, counter heights, work center configurations and other essential considerations.
Our Kitchen & Bath remodeling projects always require:
- Detailed scope of work
- Clear and continuous communication flow
- Innovative design approach
- Thoughtful and careful analysis of customer information
- Organized management of the installation process
The hardest part of any kitchen remodel is getting started, so call us today to make your dream home a reality.
Call Donco Designs, Pompano Beach Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Contractor today at 954-975-7052 for your FREE In-Home Design consultation.